YOUNG WOMAN REPRESENTATIVE APPLICATION GUIDELINES
2021 LWML CONVENTION
What is a Young Woman Representative? Any mature young woman, preferably 22-35 years of age, who is a member of the LCMS and has not previously attended a national convention as a Young Woman Representative is eligible to become a YWR.
- A YWR candidate should have a deep love and devotion for her Lord Jesus Christ and is able to participate in the full scope of the convention.
- A YWR candidate is able to be away from home/work/children for the entire convention and the travel time involved
The YWR should:
- Have a strong relationship with her Lord. Her faith will encourage her as she participates in the convention and carries out her YWR duties and responsibilities.
- Have some knowledge of the LWML. She will gain much from her national convention experience if she understands the basics of the organization. Each district should make an effort to provide education and information for the YWR prior to the convention.
- Know what is expected of her on the district level after the national convention, whether that is speaking engagements, attendance at district events, or YWR committee work.
What can the District expect of the YWR?
- The YWR will be encouraged to become an active participant in her group, zone, or the KS District and will be encouraged to share her knowledge of LWML with other women.
- The YWR will be encouraged to prayerfully consider completing a Committee Appointment Personnel Resource Profile (CAPP Form) after the convention for future involvement in the LWML Kansas District.
A complete list of the YWR Guidelines is available. Please read it before submitting the form below.
How to apply:
The Young Woman Representative applicant should complete the online application. All applications need to be completed online and submitted by December 9, 2020. The SFM chair will notify all applicants by March 15, 2021, as to whether they have been selected.
Fill out this form if you’re interested in becoming a Young Woman Representative